Tuesday, January 1, 2008

January Theme Day -- The Best Photo of 2007

Today's meme is "The Best Photo of 2007".

After much deliberation, my choice is this one:

More Grapes

This shot was taken September 30th up by Healdsburg in the Sonoma County Wine Country. I chose this one because I liked the composition, and the way that the colors blend and contrast.


The choice was not easy -- in fact, of the folks I consulted, nearly every female prefered this one:

Sunset trees

Taken on November 17th at a lookout point in Daly City.


Others in the running were:

Flowers at Point Bonita

This shot was taken at Point Bonita Lighthouse on May 12th.

Cable Car Driver

My favorite portrait of the year

Hydrant close

And, finally

Surfer going down

August 23rd at Ocean Beach

Other members of the City Daly Photo Blog are also doing a similar "Best of 2007" page for their blogs today. Here are some links:
Paris, France - London, England - Hyde, UK - West Sacramento (CA), USA - Grenoble, France - Stockholm, Sweden - Riga, Latvia - Saint Paul (MN), USA - Manila, Philippines - Silver Spring (MD), USA - Weston (FL), USA - Prague, Czech Republic - New Orleans (LA), USA - Wichita (KS), USA - Cleveland (OH), USA - San Francisco (CA), USA - Hobart (Tasmania), Australia - Greenville (SC), USA - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Menton, France - Monte Carlo, Monaco - Mainz, Germany - Melbourne, Australia - Portland (OR), USA - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Wassenaar (ZH), Netherlands - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Toulouse, France - Naples (FL), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Brussels, Belgium - Stayton (OR), USA - Selma (AL), USA - Mexico City, Mexico - Ocean Township (NJ), USA - Minneapolis (MN), USA - Port Angeles (WA), USA - Toruń, Poland - Fort Lauderdale (FL), USA - Budapest, Hungary - Baziège, France - Nashville (TN), USA - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Cottage Grove (MN), USA - Chicago (IL), USA - Prescott (AZ), USA - Bellefonte (PA), USA - Nottingham, UK - Moscow, Russia - Philadelphia (PA), USA - Evry, France - Trujillo, Peru - Arlington (VA), USA - Denpasar, Indonesia - American Fork (UT), USA - Seattle (WA), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Coral Gables (FL), USA - Montpellier, France - Joplin (MO), USA - Pilisvörösvár, Hungary - Crystal Lake (IL), USA - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Boston (MA), USA - Torun, Poland - New York City (NY), USA - Dunedin (FL), USA - Quincy (MA), USA - Stavanger, Norway - Chateaubriant, France - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Jackson (MS), USA - Wailea (HI), USA - Port Elizabeth, South Africa - Budapest, Hungary - Austin (TX), USA - Montréal (QC), Canada - Cypress (TX), USA - Bicheno, Australia - Wrocław, Poland - Brookville (OH), USA - Minneapolis (MN), USA - Nelson, New Zealand - Cheltenham, UK - Wellington, New Zealand - Rabaul, Papua New Guinea - Mumbai (Maharashtra), India - London, UK - Haninge, Sweden - Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation - Arradon, France - Jefferson City (MO), USA - Orlando (FL), USA - Mumbai, India - Terrell (TX), USA - Bogor, Indonesia - Delta (CO), USA - Radonvilliers, France - Saigon, Vietnam - San Diego (CA), USA - Adelaide (SA), Australia - Belgrade, Serbia - Auckland, New Zealand - Seguin (TX), USA - Inverness (IL), USA - Oslo, Norway - Singapore, Singapore - Las Vegas (NV), USA - New York City (NY), USA - Anderson (SC), USA - Torino, Italy - Susanville (CA), USA - San Diego (CA), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Melbourne, Australia - Port Vila, Vanuatu - Memphis (Tennessee), USA

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very special person and I really like your photography. This is a very niceset of photographs and well-chosen for this January theme day.

Thanks for all of your visits to my blog in 2007 and I hope and pray you have excellent health and are very happy all the days of your life but especially in this new year 2008.

Happy New Year from Patty and me.

Jilly said...

You had some great choices there. I love the grapes, so luscious, wonderful. I also loved the Lookout point thru the trees - just beautiful. and the surfer.

Happy New Year Paul.

JaamZIN said...

you chosen wonderful photos for the Theme Day! Happy New Year from Budapest:)

Budapest Daily Photo

ft. lauderdale daily photo said...

All great shots, and I have to say I do love the grapes as much as the sun and trees. Happy 2008!

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

I guess it was difficult to choose the best among the best.
For me - and I'm not a "female" , nobody's perfect - I like very much the second one where I see a portrait of a woman drawn by Jean Cocteau.

Mo said...

Great photos! I like the portrait and the fire hydrant best. Hard to choose isn't it. Happy New Year!

Jim Klenke said...

All of the pictures are wonderful, but I agree with you, I think the grapes is the best. Happy New Year.

Olivier said...

une très belle série pour ces photos de 2007. Mes meilleurs voeux en cette année 2008.

A great series for these photos in 2007. My best wishes in the year 2008.

Gerald (SK14) said...

The hydrant would have got my vote.

happy new year

Jack said...

Awesome pics! I think I'm gonna do try to do a daily photo blog this year and actually stick with it.. Starting today actually.. My new year's resolution is to stick with it (MCSE, healthy living, photo blog..etc)

I didn't make it very far last year, but I also had the same boring drive to and from work every day with nothing inspiring to take a picture of. Now that I drive all over town almost every day, I should be able to come up with some good pics..

Mitch said...

Now who would throw away a perfectly good fire hydrant?

Happy New Year from the frozen winter wonderland of Minneapolis!

May 2008 bring you good health & happiness,
- Mitch

Southern Heart said...

They are *all* wonderful! I don't think that I could have chosen just one!

Happy New Year,

Andrea

Janet said...

They are all wonderful photographs...so hard to choose the best! Happy New Year to you.

Unknown said...

It's difficult to chose, I like them all.

Here's to a happy & phototastic 2008

Eric said...

Bravo, c'est une très belle photo but you know I would have chosen the grapes anyway! Thank you for taking part in the City Daily Photo community, I know it's very time consuming. Bonne année de Paris.

Unknown said...

What a difficulty to choose !
Happy New Year 2008 and long life to your blog !

Barbara said...

Hope you have a great "New Year". From West Sacramento Photo of the Day.

Troop 1309 said...

Excellent photos! Happy New Year!

Lachezar said...

Difficult to choose from a great choice! Well done! Have a great 2008!
Cheers!

Lachezar
http://www.aucklanddailyphoto.com/

Jack said...

Man.. Do you have google analytics setup on your blog?
http://www.google.com/analytics/

Seems like you have a ton of readers/viewers!

Kim said...

Hey Paul, your grape photo makes me a bit homesick for the wine country, but I have to weigh in and say the cable car operator is the best of the best! That's an incredible capture and worthy of publication. And, is that Doc Rennaker out there in the surf? ;^) Nice to see so many familiar places among your faves of the year. I lived in SF and Berkeley for many years. Best wishes for a beautiful year of more great shots!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Neva said...

What a compilation of photos...all very well done!

pusa said...

you're its very difficult to choose just one, i prefer the second photo too! happy new year

Rob said...

Tough choices! but the symbol of wine country is an excellent photo. I now wonder what wine they will be used for. Happy new year!

Lynette said...

Great monthly theme day photo.

Steve Cuddihy said...

Happy New Years to you and yours in 2008!

Slinger
Twin Cities Daily Photo

Joy said...

I love your photo! I have one very similar to it when I visited Napa in August last year.

Sorry I wasn't able to visit your blog sooner. I was in transit the whole of yesterday. I am now back in Norwich after the most fantabulous time at home in Manila.

Happy New Year to you and everyone you hold dear!

I look forward to visiting your blog more often this 2008. And you're welcome to mine, too! For some reason, my link was not included for participating blogs for the 1st of January 2008 theme day.


joy
The Goddess In You
Norwich Daily Photo
Your Love Coach

Annie said...

How did you choose? They are all spectacular!

Unknown said...

I like them all, esp. the grapes. Very nice selections. Happy new year to you!

Sorry -- more ads