Sunday, June 3, 2007

Beach rock, plus, some movies...



Went down to Sharp Park beach in Pacifica to get some beach/waves pictures. Loved this rock and the way the water and foam swirled around it as it crashed into the shore.

I've been toying around with what I call "motor-drive movies". That is to say, I take a couple of dozen or more pictures with the motor-drive mode on my D70, then stitch them togther using iMovie on the Mac. The effect is a little like stop-action movies (which, technically, they are).

Here are a couple of them that I've done.

This first one is of the same rock as today's picture.



This one is one (again of waves) that I took when we went out to the Point Bonita lighthouse a couple of weeks ago.



And here is one that has a series of glacier calvings from our 2005 trip to Alaska's Hubbard Glacier.

1 comment:

Sashanicole said...

WOW. That's pretty damn cool! I love the vids. :o)

Sorry -- more ads