Tuesday, December 4, 2007

64MB of Ram!!

State of the art?!?

I got a frantic call from one of our labs at work at 5:30 tonight. One of the critical lab instruments was locked, and noone had any idea of how to unlock it.

I arrived in the lab to find a nearly 10 year old computer, running NT 4.0, not connected to the network, just the instrument. As you can see, the orignal tech who installed this system, between discovering fire and dodging T-Rex, installed a whopping 64 MB of RAM.

Anywho -- thanks to my patron Saint, Petter Norhdal-Hagans (see my 500 day blog post about him) and his WONDERFUL freeware utility, I was able to get back up and running.

2 comments:

Jack said...

lol.. Wow and I thought I was looking at old hardware when I picked up a few machines from a client that he wanted us to test and see if they were any good.. They were all Pentium II 400's with 256mb of ram. The copies of Win98 that was installed on the 6 gig hard drives ran very fast though heh...

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Thank you very much about SW suggestion. I downloaded it :-)

Sorry -- more ads