Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ABC Wednesday -- H is for Haunted Historical Hilton Hotel

DSC_0004

Behold, the Hilton Skirvin Hotel, downtown Oklahoma City.

DSC_0007

Earlier this year, when the New York Knicks played the OKC Thunder here in Oklahoma City. The Knicks lost the game, and some of the players claimed that it was because they couldn't sleep as their hotel (the Skirvin) was haunted. More on the story can be found here.

To view other contributions to the ABC Wednesdays project, look here

8 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Really? But I do believe in haunted places.

H for Hairdo

Rinkly Rimes said...

It may be haunted but it's also very elegant!

Roger Owen Green said...

And the Knicks, I'm afraid, are not a very good team. Any excuse for their lousy play...

On behalf of the ABC Wednesday team, thank you! - Ramblin' with Roger

Monika said...

haunted reallu?

Paul Franson said...

I don't know if it is really haunted or not. I do know that I grew up in this town, and I never heard of the Skirvin being haunted until the Knicks lost that game and blamed it on the ghosts.

Now there are people saying "oh yeah, it's always been haunted".

Lisa said...

I guess the ghosts are Thunder fans. Such an unfair advantage.... :-)

Lisa said...

I guess the ghosts are Thunder fans. Such an unfair advantage.... :-)

Christine H. said...

It's a beautiful hotel. And I like the excuse. I'm going to add it to my list of excuses to use when trying to get out of sticky situations. I think it goes right under "the dog ate my paper."

Sorry -- more ads