Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A nation mourns...



Had to cheat on this one. Blogger was having picture issues, and I was afraid I wouldn't get posted in time to make my "pic a day".

This is the flag on the Main Post of the Presidio. You can see the tops of the towers of BOB (The Big Orange Bridge, aka The Golden Gate Bridge) in the background.

The flag is at half mast (as are all other federal flags) because of the horrendous happenings in Virginia.

I whole heartedly support this gesture of national mourning, though I wonder, where is the period of mourning for all of the Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, Airmen, and Coasties killed in the line of duty in middle east? Regardless of how you might feel about the war, these men and women are heroes fallen in the service of the US, and we should NEVER forget their sacrifice.

At any rate, the sight made me tear up a little. I have a son in college, and Davis, CA just isn't all that far away from Blacksburg, VA.

No comments:

Sorry -- more ads