Wednesday, July 11, 2007

How NOT to treat your laptop...



I got a call from one of our remote sales folks complaining that thier laptop was a piece of sh** and that they were being hampered in doing their work. They implied that our staff was incompetent because they had "sent it back 3 times already, to get viruses removed".

So, I told this person to send it to me, and I would replace it with a new one.

This is what they sent me. Note the COMPLETE lack of any kind of padding or packing. They literally shoved it into a fedex box and sent it along.

Ok, so I pulled it out of the box and opened it up. OMG ... This thing needed to be put in an autoclave before anyone touches it without gloves. There was crap spilled on the keyboard, and look at the dust on the computer. It's hideous! As I said in the e-mail to their manager (and my director, who forwarded it on to the VP of Sales), the joystick-mouse looked like something my cat coughed up. This is a $2000 laptop, less than 16 months old. NO WONDER THEY COULDN'T GET ANYTHING DONE, THEY COULDN'T SEE THE SCREEN FROM THE DIRT!!!

2 comments:

Sashanicole said...

EWWW! That's horrible. They don't deserve a new laptop! lol

Jack said...

Wow.. I think I'd have a hard time with not calling that person back and explaining to them just how much of a MORON they are. My laptop doesn't work because it has a virus... or because I burried it in the sand at the beach.. But I think it's because of the virus.

Sorry -- more ads