Thursday, January 29, 2009

2 Years later

2-year-blog

Sasha got me started 2 years ago today. 730 posts posts later, I'm still going strong.

Believe me, I'm actually more surprised than anyone else that I've kept it up. This is the most consistent that I've ever been at anything (that doesn't involve, you know, dying if I stopped).

In this two years, I've had some real gems (see the 2 January 1st posts!) and some real stinkers. I've traveled to (and posted pictures from) 12 states and 4 countries. We've added 2 dogs, had one kid move to Texas, and are about to graduate another one from UC Davis.

We've experienced the thrill of Obama's win and the disappointment of Prop 8.

I'm two years older and have a new scar.

I don't have any plans to stop anytime soon -- so maybe we'll be visiting about the 3 year anniversary next January 29th.

6 comments:

Jilly said...

Paul, many congratulations. Two years is a long haul and well done - I celebrate my two years in about 10 days so we started at almost the same time - so snap. I always enjoy your take on life and a great idea to show almost the same photograph - including the wine, I'm glad to see! - two years later. Congratulations! I reckon tho it deserves champagne, not red wine...!

Pat said...

Congratulations to you! Many more to come, I hope. My anniversary is coming up in March. I've never visited your blog before, but was attracted by your little computer. I have an ASUS 900; not sure which one yours is. I am happy with it; goes everywhere with me.

Hilda said...

Aww, that's the cutest way to celebrate your blog's birthday! I can't believe you actually got that candle! :D

Congratulations!

Sashanicole said...

YAY!!! Congrats! Keep it up! Maybe you'll be the only person to have a photo blog for 20 consistent years! :o)

Gerald (SK14) said...

well done - I was going to slow down after post #1000 but I haven't done

stcullen said...

Should be:
"Two years older, have a couple new scars, and a new tattoo...."

:)

Many congrats!

Sorry -- more ads