Saturday, February 10, 2007

The Stump and the Slug...


It rained HARD today. Our area usually gets lots of rain between mid-January and mid-March, but this year, not so much. Today's rain was really the hardest, drenching rain we've had so far this year.

Anyway, there's a break in the rain, and so I decided to go around the block to look for today's picture before it gets too dark. I took about 25 shots, mostly stuff being wet, water flowing, places where water flows, etc. I got a couple of good shots of the cloud cover descending over the hill behind us (you can see the "almost ran" shots at my new flickr page here).

Then, as I was walking around the house on my way back in, I came across this stump. The homeowner's association hires gardeners who take are of our front yard, and they recently cut down a small tree that was dead. I saw the slug on the stump and found myself wondering "where is his shell" (we don't get a lot of slugs, mostly snails).

1 comment:

Sashanicole said...

heh, sounds like us, drivin' around trying to find the pic of the day! lol Good pic, the colors really stand out on the stump!

Sorry -- more ads