Sunday, February 4, 2007

A Royal Visit...


(click the picture for the full size)


The Queen Mary came to visit San Francisco today. She is the largest vessel ever to sail into San Francisco harbor.

I had planned to get a really good pic of her passing under the BOB. Unfortunately, about a million other photographers had the same idea, so I could only get as close at the Presidio Main Post (here). I did get quite a few shots of her passing under the bridge, but, in reviewing the take -- I found I didn't like any of them as much as I did this one.

I'm sure you can see the better pics of her entering the harbor at The San Francisco Chronicle page.

1 comment:

Sashanicole said...

WOW, that is pretty awesome. I guess the whole city knew of her coming huh?! The pics show SO many people. Pretty cool!

Sorry -- more ads